Boat Cruise in Sundays River
Long River Cruise
- Duration: 2,5 hours.
- Price: R500 per adult / R400 per child / 1 or 2 persons = R1000.
- A river cruise can take place on our Nina Boat, Sundaze boat or our speed boat depending on the number of people taking part in the activity.
Short River Cruise
- Duration: 1,5 hours.
- Price: R350 per adult / R250 per child / 1 or 2 persons = R800
- A river cruise can take place on our Nina Boat, Sundaze boat or our Speed boat depending on the number of people taking part in the activity.
Snack Platters Aboard Your Cruise
- R75 per person, depending on availability includes a variety of sandwiches / roosterbrood, mini cheese grillers, sausage rolls, meatballs, chicken nuggets & onion rings.
About the Cruise
Breathe in the fresh ocean air as our river cruises along the serene Sundays River, watching out for indigenous birdlife and marvelling at the towering Alexandria Dune Sea, the largest and least degraded coastal dune field in South Africa, close to the Addo Elephant Park.
It’s time to slow down, take it easy and experience the cool charm of the Eastern Cape in all its natural splendour with Sundays River Adventures.
A river cruise on the Sundays River includes a stop at these magnificent dunes, from the top of which you can enjoy one of the most spectacular views in Nelson Mandela Bay: vast blue sea and sky and the islands of the coastal section of Addo National Park.
Our popular river cruises are ideal for groups both small and large, year-end functions, birthday celebrations, birdwatching clubs, day trips and family gatherings. Pack a cooler box, book a snack platter at our on-site ‘A Taste of Africa’ restaurant and enjoy the absolute splendour of the Sundays River, Algoa Bay and Addo National Park.
Be sure to look out for our Shotleft deals!
Our River cruises include the following
- Sunrise Bird Watching Cruise. 6:00am
- Morning Cruise. 10am
- Lunchtime Cruise. 1pm
Bring a picnic basket and enjoy a relaxing lunch while on board.
- Afternoon Sunset Cruise. 4pm
Watch the beautiful African Sunset from the dunes.
A majestic cruise up the Sunday’s river at a leisurely pace to view all the local river birds and wildlife. The cruise begins at 1 Jetty St, Colchester, 6175.
We first head to the Sunday’s river mouth and view the spectacular dune fields along the way and the river birds. After about 30 minutes we turn around and head back If on the 2 and a half hour cruise we head up river past all the river front houses towards the new and old bridge before we turnaround. Our cruises are a great way to experience the beautiful Sunday’s River.
Everyone is welcome to bring any snacks or drinks they would like to enjoy on board. There is bathroom on board our bigger boats.
What to Bring
- Binoculars (Bird Lovers)
- Jacket or something warm (Better to be prepared for all weather conditions)
- Cooler Box (Plenty of ice for warm days)
- Water or drinks
- Sun block cream and hat
Cruise Meeting Point
A Taste of Africa Restaurant & Coffee Shop, Corner of Darling Street, Colchester, 6175, Port Elizabeth
All guests must please report to the restaurant called “A Taste of Africa” in Sundays River before starting a boat cruise.
Phone: +27 071 185 6565