Boat Cruise in Sundays River
Long River Cruise
- Duration: 2,5 hours.
- Price: R500 per adult / R400 per child / 1 or 2 persons = R1000.
- A river cruise can take place on our Nina Boat, Sundaze boat or our speed boat depending on the number of people taking part in the activity.
Short River Cruise
- Duration: 1,5 hours.
- Price: R350 per adult / R250 per child / 1 or 2 persons = R800
- A river cruise can take place on our Nina Boat, Sundaze boat or our Speed boat depending on the number of people taking part in the activity.
Snack Platters Aboard Your Cruise
- R75 per person, depending on availability includes a variety of sandwiches / roosterbrood, mini cheese grillers, sausage rolls, meatballs, chicken nuggets & onion rings.
About the Cruise
Enjoy a relaxing river cruise along the majestic Sundays River passing the Alexandria Coastal Dune field and many local birdlife feeding in their natural habitat. The cruise also includes a stop at one of the highest sand dunes, and if you climb to the top, you will be treated to spectacular views of the bay.
Our 1,5- to 2,5-hour tours are perfect for small or larger groups; from families, friends and bird watchers to birthday parties, bachelor/ bachelorette parties and year-end functions. Snack platters can be arranged on request and guests are welcome to bring along their own drinks.
Our River cruises include the following
- Sunrise Bird Watching Cruise. 6:00am
- Morning Cruise. 10am
- Lunchtime Cruise. 1pm
Bring a picnic basket and enjoy a relaxing lunch while on board.
- Afternoon Sunset Cruise. 4pm
Watch the beautiful African Sunset from the dunes.
A majestic cruise up the Sunday’s river at a leisurely pace to view all the local river birds and wildlife. The cruise begins at 1 Jetty St, Colchester, 6175.
We first head to the Sunday’s river mouth and view the spectacular dune fields along the way and the river birds. After about 30 minutes we turn around and head back If on the 2 and a half hour cruise we head up river past all the river front houses towards the new and old bridge before we turnaround. Our cruises are a great way to experience the beautiful Sunday’s River.
Everyone is welcome to bring any snacks or drinks they would like to enjoy on board. There is bathroom on board our bigger boats.
What to Bring
- Binoculars (Bird Lovers)
- Jacket or something warm (Better to be prepared for all weather conditions)
- Cooler Box (Plenty of ice for warm days)
- Water or drinks
- Sun block cream and hat
Cruise Meeting Point
A Taste of Africa Restaurant & Coffee Shop, Corner of Darling Street, Colchester, 6175, Port Elizabeth
All guests must please report to the restaurant called “A Taste of Africa” in Sundays River before starting a boat cruise.
Phone: +27 071 185 6565