Sandboarding at Sunday’s River
This unique adventure starts with a short boat ride to the famous Alexandria Dune field; the largest, most impressive and least degraded dune field in South Africa. No matter if you’re a beginner or a seasoned sandboarder; our guides will have you moving down the dunes like a pro in no time.
We offer 2- or 3-hour sandboarding tours which give everyone more than enough time to learn some new skills and have a great time while doing it. And if you don’t feel confident on the stand-up board, you can sit down or try a belly-board ride down the dune.
We supply the sandboarding equipment but please remember to bring along your own sneakers/ tekkies, loose-fitting clothes, swimming gear, drinks, sunglasses and cameras.
LIFE’S SHORT CATCH A TAN!
What to Bring
- BIG Shoes NB! (Boots are best, running shoes are great and sneakers are ok 🙂
- Water and Cool-drinks
- Swimming costumes
- Tubing 15 minutes – 30 minutes or half or full day tours
- Wake-boarding 15 minutes – 30 minutes or half or full day tours
- Water-skiing 15 minutes – 30 minutes or half or full day tours
- Boogie-boarding 15 minutes to 30 minutes or half or full day tours
- Scenic Dune and Sundays River Cruise – 1.5 hours or half or full day tours
- Bird Watching along the beautiful scenic Sunday’s River
Discounts and Extras
- Discounts for large groups over 10
- Remember big shoes 🙂 NB
- A Taste of Africa Restaurant & Coffee Shop is only a 4 minute walk away and have great food and drinks for you to enjoy before or after an awesome sand-boarding session.
- Sandboarding (3 hours) – R650 per person, R500 per child ( 1 person = R950 )
- Sandboarding (2 hours) – R550 per adult, R400 per child ( 1 person = R850 )
- Sandboarding Spectator- R200 per person