Sandboarding at Sunday’s River
On this 3 hour sandboarding adventure you get the chance to ride some of the biggest dunes in the Eastern Cape on both types of Sandboard’s, the lie down board and the stand-up Snowboard type.
This unique adventure starts with a scenic boat cruise on the Sundays River where you will see the local birdlife feeding in their natural habitat. After about 10 minutes we reach the famous Alexandria Coastal Dune field which is the largest, most impressive and least degraded dune field in South Africa.
We at Sandboarding Sunday’s River think it’s one of the most spectacular in the world ;). and it overlooks The Addo Elephant National Park right on our doorstep.
We supply all the equipment except shoes which you must bring along. Our experienced guides will give you lessons and help you get started.
Remember to bring along loose fitting clothes swimming gear, cool drinks, sunglasses and cameras.
Transport from PE can be arranged on request.
Whatever the occasion, Sandboarding Sunday’s River will make it a memorable one. We have in the past had sandboarding bachelor parties, birthday parties, Australian Cricket team wives, business team building, student groups from Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University and family’s enjoying the awesome dunes. Sandboarding is for everyone and anyone looking for some outdoor fun in the sun. There is no experience necessary and beginners will be boarding like pro’s in no time.
LIFE’S SHORT CATCH A TAN!
What to Bring
- BIG Shoes NB! (Boots are best, running shoes are great and sneakers are ok 🙂
- Water and Cool-drinks
- Swimming costumes
- Tubing 15 minutes – 30 minutes or half or full day tours
- Wake-boarding 15 minutes – 30 minutes or half or full day tours
- Water-skiing 15 minutes – 30 minutes or half or full day tours
- Boogie-boarding 15 minutes to 30 minutes or half or full day tours
- Scenic Dune and Sundays River Cruise – 1.5 hours or half or full day tours
- Bird Watching along the beautiful scenic Sunday’s River
Discounts and Extras
- Discounts for large groups over 10
- Remember big shoes 🙂 NB
- A Taste of Africa Restaurant & Coffee Shop is only a 4 minute walk away and have great food and drinks for you to enjoy before or after an awesome sand-boarding session.